Haih, I had a less-enjoyable CNY this year. Not sure it's because of my age, my circle of friends, my first year of marriage or the current trend is changing?
There was no so-merry CNY anymore. It was seem to be sooooo quiet. Perhaps everyone was enjoying the long holiday and stayed home to rest? My first CNY after married. Not much to do, or perhaps less than the past years. I'm not longer the chef of the house. My mother-in-law was doing all the cooking and my sisters-in-law were helping off. So I just help 'head & tail'. But it really had been a busy and tiring days cz we would have to go back to the kampung everyday during the CNY and then night time came back again to our house. Thus, I had less time gather with my friends. But they were also seem to be busy with their own matters, I guess.. (cz i received no calls, SMS).
After almost a week of long holiday, feel so lazy to come back to KL to work the next morning. I'm not in the CNY mood, but I'm definitely in my holiday mood :)
This is my first year of giving away angpow, and sometimes, I really forgot abt that, and sometimes even my mother-in-law would remind me to give angpow to the youngters :P
Some said give away angpow is equivalent to giving away happiness others. Also the person who gives angpow would be blessed. And for me, I asked everyone to collect their angpows from me before or during the CNY. My friend said she never met someone who keeps calling ppl come to collect angpow...haha.....why not?
Hope next year would be a better, brighten and happier CNY..with everyone gathers together in one area:)
(Why most mother-in-law would temper her son-in-law rather than daughter-in-law?- this is what I told my husband before)
No comments:
Post a Comment