Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Medical Check-up

Today I went to HUKM,Cheras for my routine annual medical check up. I was insomia last night, perhaps I drank too much of caffeine. I was craving for maggie mee again at 3.15 AM. Then I decided to cook maggie mee and while I was having my 'supper', I flipped over my wedding albums. 2 months.....It has been almost 2 months and a week after my big day which was on 18th Sept 2010. How time flies!
This morning I woke up around 9:00 AM and preparing myself to visit HUKM. My appointment was at 11:00 AM, I was sure that I would have to wait about 3 hours from the moment I queued for my number till I took my medicines. I just took a cup of hot Neslo before drove to HUKM. I waited and waited......it was 2:20 PM when I was called in to meet the doctor. I was shocked + saddened because my HBA1C reading was not good, it increased from 8.1 to 9.1. I know my reading would not be any good but I did not expect to be that worse. From that moment, I know my plan would have to be postponed....until my blood glucose is well-controlled and diet is properly maintained.
The doctor suggested me to meet a Diabetic Consultant to help me monitoring my blood glucose, cz she will change my medicine. So I have to go back to HUKM in 2 months time to have my blood glucose reading checked and consulted. I made up my mind. I need to reduce/stop taking plain white rice, control my meals intake. Stop taking other sweetened drinks. Just a cup of coffee each day-that's all! Hope my target could be met soonest possible :)
(Because I know the root cause to this)

No comments: